30 Eating Disorder Recovery Quote to Inspire & Motivate You
Although most people don’t think so, eating disorder is a sickness that needs treatment just like any other illness. An eating disorder is a psychological problem that can’t be solved by pure drugs and food supplements. Patients require therapy for them to overcome and live healthy lives.
There are different types of eating disorders such as Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge eating disorder, Pica, etc. The most common of these is Anorexia and Bulimia. Nevertheless, whichever it is, people trying to beat this condition have to be continuously encouraged.
Inspiring Eating Disorder recovery quotes
When battling a condition like this, ED recovery quotes are an excellent way to gain strength to fight for your life and health. Apart from the first read, you can turn them to mantra and rhymes that help you become better daily. Here are a few quotes.
- I won’t let a number on a scale own me. –The Healthyplace.com
- Mirrors are just glass, and you are more than that. –Anonymous
- Beauty is about being comfortable in your skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” –Ellen DeGeneres
- Eating disorders quote: “If all girls were taught how to love each other fiercely instead of how to compete with each other and hate their bodies, what a different and beautiful world we would live in. –Nikita Gill
- You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. –Buddha
- No two eating disorders are the same. No two individuals are the same. No two paths to recovery are the same. But everyone’s strength to reach recovery IS the same. – Brittany Burgunder
I had a friend whose parents had a problem, and he used to send them eating disorder recovery quotes. But additionally, he also reminded his parents how much he loved them by sending inspiring parents quotes to make them feel loved.
Anorexia Recovery Quotes
Anorexia recovery quote applies to also every other eating disorder because it is more of a mental problem that anything else. These words from people who have through the same should reassure you today.
- I intend to accept my body today, love my body tomorrow, and appreciate my body always. –The HealthyPlace.com
- Girls developed eating disorders when our culture developed a standard of beauty that they couldn’t obtain by being healthy. When unnatural thinness became attractive, girls did unnatural things to be thin.”- Mary Pipher
- Eating disorders are serious mental illness, not lifestyle choices.”- Demi Lovato
- The moments where recovery feels the most painful are often the ones you are making the most progress because it indicates you are actively challenging your demons. Keep on pushing forwards even when the eating disorder voice screams at you. Things tend to scream when dying. –Amalie Lee, Redefining healthy.
- I have a condition that prevents me from going on a diet…I get Hungry. –Anonymous
- Your life is worth so much more than whatever body part you are so furiously fighting. – Callie Bowld,
You can also help your loved ones and friends to stay cheerful by sending a good morning message every day to make sure they have a positive start to the day.
Quotes about Eating Disorder
Quotes about eating disorders exist to remind people suffering from this illness that they can survive and become better as long as they keep loving themselves. People who have survived, still surviving, or have helped loved one pull through, have these to say.
- The scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with Gravity. That’s it! It cannot measure character, beauty, talent, purpose, possibility, strength, and love. –Anonymous
- “Feeling guilty for eating when you’re hungry is like feeling for breathing when your lungs need oxygen. We’ve literally been taught to be ashamed or our basic human needs. Refuse to feel the shame. You are allowed to eat.” – The Healthyplace.com
- Unless you stole it, you should never feel Guilty about any food you eat. –Anonymous
- No food will ever hurt you as much as an unhealthy mind- Brittany Burgunder
- Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life. -Steve Maraboli
- When you stop trying to control food, it stops controlling you. –Anonymous
ED recovery quotes
Eating disorder recovery quotes are not just mere words. They are potent words that help you get through difficult times and reminds you that you are not alone. Here are some more words that may help you pull through.
- Be kind to everyone, including yourself. –The Healthyplace.com
- The words “I am” are potent; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you’re claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you. –L. Kitselman
- I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” –Emma Stone
- Health is not just about what you’re eating. It is also about what you’re thinking and saying. –Anonymous
- My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.” – Kate Le Page
- Keep these concepts in mind: You’ve failed many times, although you don’t remember. You fell the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. Don’t worry about failure. My suggestion to each of you: Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. –Sherman Finesilver
If you are reading these eating disorder recovery quotes, then most likely someone you love or yourself is suffering from one eating disorder. Just don’t give up, it will get better, and as long as you keep fighting, you will be healthy. Take some of these words to help to encourage you or your loved one on a recovery journey.